This is one of the easiest cakes to make as you just mix all the ingredients together. It does not contain any eggs or milk which makes it perfect for those fasting as well as for those having cholesterol.
Vegan Chocolate Cake
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: about 1 hour
3 cups of self raising flour
6 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cooking soda
2 cups of sugar
- 10 tablespoons of corn oil
- 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar
2 vanillas or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoonorange zest
- 2+ cups of water
- Put all fluids in a bowl and slightly beat with a whisk (no mixer needed).
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add dry ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Grease a 26 cm. baking pan with corn oil , dust with flour and empty batter.
- Bake cake for about an hour in a preheated oven at 170ο until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
If you want it more chocolaty you we can add pieces of dark couverture chocolate (without milk) in the cake before baking or make a chocolate ganache and pour on top.
Tags: Cakes, Easy recipes, healthy, lenten, nistisima, Vegan, vegan chocolate cake