Omelets make a quick, easy, delicious, and healthy meal any time of the day or night. Basically, all you need is eggs, olive oil (or butter) but the more ingredients, the better!
As easy as it may seem to us, for someone never making an omelet before may be intimidating, especially the part you have to flip it over.
Actually that is the most difficult part as the eggs have to set before you flip it over. If you leave the frying pan on the heat and wait until they set, the omelet will burn underneath. So what you have to do, after waiting for 2 – 3 minutes, lift the frying pan 1 – 2 cm over the heat and keep tilting the pan until the eggs set. Then you flip it over.
2 – 3 eggs are enough to make an omelet. Depending on your appetite, you can add other ingredients in the omelet as well. Thiw will depend on what you have at hand or what you like. A few ideas is to add ham or turkey and cheese, a slice of each, cubed is more than enough for 3 eggs or saute 2 – 3 mushrooms or bell peppers (about 1 cup is enough) before you add the eggs.
Makes 1 omelet for 1 person
- 3 eggs
1 tablespoo extra virgin olive olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a 20 cm non stick frying pan heat the olive oil.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with a whisk or a fork and add salt and pepper and mix.
- Put the eggs in the frying pan and wait for them to set (about 10 minutes). Slide a metal spatula under the omelt, lift it and flip it over. An easier way to do this is to let the omelt slide into a plate and then invert it into the frying pan.
- Cook it for a couple of minutes and the omelette is ready.
- Serve with a salad.