These eggplant mezes are stuffed with feta and then coated with bread crumbs and deep fried. Perfect finger food for parties or in this case this will be my entry for Game Night Party Recipes, hosted my Mansi, at Funnfud.
Melitzanes me Feta (Eggplant rolls with feta)
2 - 3 long eggplants
½ cup of milk
Salt and pepper
100 grams of feta cheese
Olive oil, for frying
- Peel and cut eggplants into 1 cm thin slices.
- Fry on both sides and place on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on them.
- Cut feta cheese into small cubes and roll eggplant around the cheese. Continue until all pieces of eggplants are rolled.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and place milk in a separate bowl. In two separate plates place the flour in one and the bread crumbs in the other. Dip the rolled eggplants in the milk, then dredge them in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the bread crumbs, pressing them to be covered well. Continue procedure until you finish with all pieces.
- Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes until they are firm and fry in olive oil. Place on kitchen paper and then remove to a platter and serve with your favourite wine.