After receiving the package sent to me by my friend Pixie, of You say tomahto, I say tomayto, I made this quinoa salad.
I saw some ideas of other salads but did not have some of the ingredients so I decided to make my own recipe, with ingredients I had at home.
I am submitting this recipe to Sangeeth of Art of Cooking Indian Food, hosting the event Eat Healthy.
Quinoa salad, recipe by Ivy
1 cup of quinoa after boiling
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut
- 1 tomato, peeled and cut
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 – 5 sprigs of dill, finely chopped
- 4 – 5 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
- 4 – 5 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Boil quinoa and set aside to cool.
Wash and peel vegetables, wash and cut herbs and mix all ingredients together.
Other relevant recipes:
Courgette croquets with quinoa
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,