My friend Deeba, who is Passionate about Baking, has tagged me with a music meme. Deeba who is my very first Indian friend, is an ex airline employee and now a domestic engineer, cooking and baking or rather making art out of her food for her husband and two sons. If you haven’t visited her yet, please do and you will not only be amazed by her recipes but also with her beautiful pictures. Deeba, I found your songs and listened to them and some of them are among my preferences but a couple of them were not familiar to me.

The rules for the meme is:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring (or whatever season). Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.

Whenever I’m at the computer I have the Greek internet radio station on, all day, even if I am not at the computer. The Radio Station I listen to is called Angel FM 88,9 and plays mostly English songs and occasionally some Greek ones.

To be frank, I listen to the music but do not pay any attention when they comment, so although I was familiar with the songs, I did not know the title of some of the songs nor the names of the singers, so from the day Deeba tagged me I’ve been listening more carefully trying to find out the titles. When I missed the title I had to google search the internet to find the song.

1. My most favourite at this moment is: Why can’t you just hold me, be Edel and Starck.

2. The second one is: You’re beautiful, by James Blunt. James was not very lucky because this month he had a concert in Greece, which was canceled but as it proved out it wasn’t absolutely necessary and it could wait until after summer… Our loss was a gain to the Cypriots, who grabbed the opportunity for a concert in Cyprus, which had a huge success. I apologize to him on behalf of all the Greeks.

3. I keep falling in love, by Alicia Keys, although this is not a recent song I love it.

4. Touch my body, by Mariah Carey, you might have heard this song when I had the slide show with my recipes.

5. Wherever you go, unfortunately I have found various versions but not the one I like. Definitely not by Ashlee Simpson or Leona Lewis or Carola. Does anybody know?

6. White flag, by Dido, and last but not least

7. Un’ altra te, by my favourite Italian singer, Eros Ramazotti. I love all his songs.

I am now curious to see my friends’ music preferences. I know that you are all so busy but hope that you will post when you feel like it. I am tagging:

a. Val, from More than Burnt Toast. Val sorry for using your blog’s title!
b. Nuria, from Spanish recipes. Nuria, we have seen lots of songs along with your recipes but give us your favourite seven.
c. Elly, of Elly says Opa!
d. Cakelaw, of Laws of the Kitchen.
e. Corinne, of A Gourmet Love Affair
f. Emiline, of Sugar Plum
h. Swati, of Sugarcraft India.

You won’t believe what happened.

I had some leftover tortillas and wanted to make a quick snack. I brushed the tin with olive oil and on one tortilla I drizzled some paprika and garam massala and on the other one some garlic powder and oregano and some sea salt on both.

Unfortunately I will have to wait to make them again, to know if they turned out good, because I returned to my computer to continue the post and I got carried away.

Here is the result!

About Copyright

After nearly a year of blogging I have began making some of my own recipes and when you see these recipes posted somewhere else, it is a bit annoying seeing others getting credit of your knowledge, efforts and/or creativity.

Although I resented seeing a note about copyright at the end of posts, I have to add this to my posts as well in order to protect my work.

As I have added this paragraph in the settings of the blog post, it will appear automatically on all my posts, even if it is about a burnt tortilla. Sorry about that.

© All Rights Reserved. All recipes, text and photographs are the original creations of the author. Do not post or publish anything from this site without full credit and a direct link to the original post. Thank you. Ivy

18 Comments on A Music Meme

Hi Ivy, this sounds like fun – thanks for tagging me. I love White Flag and You’re Beautiful – they are great songs.

Hi Ivy…great song choices…and sorry to hear about your happens to me all the time..usually when I get on the phone! Can I ask where you got that copyright note from?…Did you just make it up or can you download it from somewhere?…Cheers

3. Ivy says:

Thanks Peter. Thank God it doesn’t happen often. You and anyone else can use the note if you like.

4. Bellini Valli says:

Thanks for tagging me sis. I will see what I can do:D

5. Ivy says:

Thanks sis. I am looking forward to listening to your music.

6. Corinne says:

Yay! A meme! I love these they make entries interesting for when I have nothing else to say hah, I can already think of the possibilities…

7. Passionate baker...& beyond says:

I loved reading your music meme Ivy & have suffered computer disasters of the tortilla type like you too!! I have such a loooong list I could have put down as I'm quite the 80's rock child. I knew you were quite a music buff; …thanks for doing the meme.xoxoxo Deeba

8. Ivy says:

Corinne, shall be looking forward to seeing what your preferences are.

9. Ivy says:

Deeba, thank God it doesn’t happen often (lol) but I do get carried away. From the past decades I love the seventies. For some unexplainable reason the eighties are inexistent to me, as if they never existed and the songs I like from that decade I learned them much later on.

10. JennDZ - The Leftover Queen says:

I love James Blunt and Eros Ramazotti! Great choices! :)

I love some of the singers you choose too!!! Ok, I’ll follow the meme along :D… you know that I enjoy music so much… so this is a nice meme for me 😀

This thing that happened with your tortitas has happened to me too while being on the computer, something got burned!!!! Couldn’t do 2 things at the same time 😉

12. Ivy says:

Jenn, I never get tired of listening to Eros.

13. Ivy says:

Nuria, I was sure you would like this one. Your posts are full of songs.

14. Emiline says:

Oh Ivy! This sounds like so much fun! I’ll definitely post this! I like that James Blunt song too.

15. Ivy says:

Thanks Emiline, you are such a sweetie.

16. Elly says:

Thanks for the tag, Ivy. This sounds like a fun meme, so I am going to try to get to it before going out of town for the millionth time this summer! I really love that Alicia Keys song, and the Dido one too.

17. Swati: Sugarcraft India says:

Dear Ivy

So sorry about this delayed acknowledgment.. My internet connection has been extremely poor and is terribly frustrating!!!
    I loved reading your music meme and the songs are lovely..some of them are familiar..
    Will do this very soon and thanks so much for the tag

Best wishes

18. Ivy says:

Thanks Swati. Shall be looking forward to it.