Rolo me patates is made with ground meat in which we addd hard boiled eggs and make a roulade, like a meat loaf,  and bake it in the oven.   In Cyprus we enclose the roulade with caul fat, which melts as it is being baked in the oven and gives a wonderful flavour to the ground meat.  If you do not want to use caul fat, you can wrap it in parchment paper.

Instead of making the classic recipe with eggs, I have added other ingredients inside such as halloumi and ham.  Many times, instead of adding eggs, I have added spinach, carrots, bell peppers, etc.

The recipe is included in my cookbook Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!

The book can now be downloaded at Smashwords, in Volume 1, as an e-book in many formats:  online reading (html or  Java script), kindle, epub (Apple iPad/iBooks, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo, and most e-reading apps including Stanza, Aldiko, Adobe Digital Editions, others), pdf, rtf, lrf, palm doc, etc.)

In Volume 2, you will find Breads, Pies, snacks and a lot of desserts.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments on Rolo me Patates (Meat Loaf with potatoes)

1. Jessie says:

Yum! This looks great, Ivy! I’ve only had grilled halloumi a few times, but I love it.

a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

Hola Beauty! Can you believe I never cooked meatloaf? It’s not that popular here. You will have to send me an invitation to try yours ;D. He, he I bet it tasted as good as it looks 😀

Good luck with the event!

A great idea to stuff the meatloaf with halloumi Ivy. Nice touch.

4. elly says:

This is such a great twist on meatloaf, Ivy. I am not the world’s biggest meatloaf fan but I would love this for sure.

5. Dee says:

Wow! This is certainly meatloaf as I’ve never had it, Ivy! Thank you for the tip about Jugalbandi but I just missed the deadline :( I can’t wait for the round-up *rubbing hands in glee* :)

6. I am left spoeechless sis. This dish is trul droolworthy. There is not other way to describe it:D

What a great looking meatloaf – I reckon even the fussiest meatloaf detractor would want to try this. That halloumi poking out is very inviting.

8. I recently had meatloaf and was thinking about doing something different. Unfortunately I didn’t think about stuffing with halloumi. I can imagine that this is a very tasty variant of meatloaf and I will try it next time. Thank you for giving such an inspiration.

9. Hi Piedro. Thanks for visiting. I saw in your site that you are dealing with halloumi. I have a lot of recipes with halloumi so if you like any of them you can place a link to my recipes if you like.

10. Yes, I made a site about halloumi as it is my favorite cheese since I moved to Cyprus. I already added a link to the meatloaf recipe and I will check out the others as well.

11. You have a great site. So in which part of Cyprus are you living in? I guess from your name that you must be Spanish, is that right?

I can help you choose:

12. Very delicious looking! Yummy Yummy!!
    My recent post Simple Meatloaf Recipe