I rarely use my Microwave oven and when I do it is usually to melt butter and some times chocolate.   However, Rachel, of Tangerine’s Kitchen, is hosting the event Microwave Easy Cooking,  originated by Srivali, of Cooking 4 all Seasons,  so in order to participate I google searched and found this recipe.     It sounded very easy and indeed it was, only I changed the ingredients with what I had at home and the results were excellent. The children were eager to try it after lunch whilst it was still too soft to cut the pieces, but I just managed to take a few quick photos before it was devoured. Microwave Hazelnut and Toffee Bar Fudge, – Recipe by Ivy

Preparation time: 10 minutes

Cup

Hazelnuts

½

Cup

Craisins

Directions:

Sift the icing sugar and the cocoa.

Add the chocolate, toffees, butter, sugar, milk and cocoa in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 2 minutes on high temperature. Remove and beat until smooth.

Mix in the vanilla essence, the hazelnuts and the craisins.

Butter a 22 x 16 x 4 cm bowl and empty the chocolate. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. With a sharp knife carve the pieces and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Cut the pieces before serving.

Tags: , , ,

20 Comments on Microwave Chocolate, Hazelnut and Toffee Bar Fudge

1. wow.. looks great.. nice entry..

sripriya vidhyashankar’s last blog post..SAAG PUREE

2. Hazelnut and choco….a great combination. Actually I love all the nutstuff.

3. Deesha says:

I love hazelnuts .. A lovely addition

Deesha’s last blog post..Spiced Buttermilk

These bars look mighty fudgy! Nice combo!

Cheers,

Rosa

These look rich and decadent. And fudgy! I love how easy they are. What a nice treat!

Reeni’s last blog post..Home-made Soup for the Soul

6. Abigail says:

Oh YUM! I love anything with chocolate and these look really rich and more-ish.

Wow Ivy! I never made a fudge before and also I never use my microwave for cooking… so it’s great to know this recipe :D. My diet has been gone for long now! So I might as well try your chocolate fudge :D.

Want to dive in a sea of omeletes?

8. elly says:

Toffee and hazelnuts are a great combo for fudge, Ivy. Looks delicious!

9. Parita says:

Wow the fudge looks delicious..drooling over it..

Parita’s last blog post..Corn Palak (Sweet Corn with Spinach)

10. sowmya says:

chocolate and nuts sounds so delicious…and that too in mw..would love to try this sometime..

11. Poornima says:

Wow..my hands are itching just looking at them, so want to grab one…really delicious.

12. mmm, they look very cute and tempting, I know MW has made life simple but these virtual pics are making my craving worst or worse 😉 Am done with lunch, am waiting for your dessert!!!

Ramya Vijaykumar’s last blog post..Besan ka Peda

13. Mmmm, chocolate and hazelnuts should always go together!

14. The fudge sounds so good with the hazelnuts! Great to know it’s a quick and simple recipe.

lisaiscooking’s last blog post..Ethel’s Sugar Cookies

15. Cynthia says:

If I were a chocolate lover I’d definitely try this.

16. Bobby says:

I don’t use the microwave to cook in either. It sounds very easy and I might try this recipe.

17. Bunny says:

For some reason I don’t use the microwave much either Ivy. But this is so easy , I ‘ll have to try it!

Bunny’s last blog post..My first guest post!!

18. Such an easy recipe Ivy, looks delicious.

I am assuming it would take much longer, probably double in a normal oven?

Love the addition of crasins too : )

19. Whoa, whoa, whoa….how did I miss this post? Are you kidding? I am absolutely DROOLING at the picture. Fudge, toffee, craisins….LOVE……..

20. Ria says: