I was thinking of making a coffee liqueur with the Espresso Natalia gave me and I google searched to see how it is made.  I have made liqueurs in the past so I knew the procedure but still I wanted to see if there was something more to do.  I found this recipe and since I had a lot of brandies in my bar, I liked the idea of making it with brandy.  I  also had dark rum so I used some of that as well.

The same day I was planning to make the liqueur, I was already preparing another cake recipe in which I was using some of the cherries I had made and then the idea popped into my mind…

The recipe is included in my cookbook Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!

I have already thought of a few ideas of using it, if it lasts until then, because we love it.

Other Relevant Recipes:

Orange and Bergamot Liqueurs

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments on Espresso Cherry Liqueur in five minutes

1. I did not know it was so easy to make a liqueur! Plus I thought the liqueur had to sit for weeks before it could be consumed!

2. alison says:

cheers ,ivy!metaxa is the prefered brandy of my husband…i think your creation will be mine!

A lovely drink!

Cheers and have a great week,

4. Ivy, that's awesome! I didn't know we could make liqueur at home!

This sounds marvellous Ivy. I love your decanter – simply beautiful.

6. heni says:

Been away but I see I miss some great posts Ivy!
    Coffee and cherries very nice combo … I donnot drin anymore but I can imagine how nice they pair up in a liquor … I like Angie did not know making liquors was so easy either! This seems like lovely gifts for Christmas to give or share at gatherings!

7. […] 50 ml espresso rum brandy liqueur […]

Very nice for a Kerasma after dinner but I hope you didn't (PLEASE) use the 7-star Metaxa!

Looks very elegant Ivy! Yum…great for the holidays and to serve visitors.

10. cheryl says:

Wow, I really like this!!

11. 1.gravatar.com/avatar/776903d81300d4db7d74f0bf29712af7?s=64&r=g 2x" class="avatar avatar-32 photo" height="32" width="32" style="min-width: 32px; max-width: 32px; " orig_min_width="empty" orig_max_width="empty" orig_width="32" >Soma says:

Don't mind having a shot or two. Never thought of making this at home!

12. […] recipes which were new I made A Chocolate Mousse Mocha Cake.  I used lady fingers which I wet with coffee liqueur, a chocolate mousse in the middle and decorated it with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and […]

13. I have made my very own version of coffee cherry brandy and it worked so well. I even used it in one of my cakes!! Thanks for sharing !

14. john says:

Cheers, It’s a lovely drink for weekend. I love this. :)