Perch recipes are a big hit with my family especially the children and instead of frying the fish, I made this recipe wanting something tasty and healthy. This recipe is very simple to make and is ready in no time and I am sure everyone will definitely love it.
The fish is usually thicker on one side so I pounded it with a mallet to make it the same thickness and seasoned it, added pesto and rolled it in a cheese, breadcrumb and cashews mixture. I then baked it in the oven.
Perch is a light tasting fish that goes well with just about anything on the side. I paired it with potato croquettes and steamed vegetables.
Perka Rolo (Perch Roulade), recipe by Ivy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 5 – 6
- 1 kilo Perch fillet
- 2 tablespoons mint pesto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 70 grams cashews
- 25 grams (3 tablespoons) breadcrumbs
- 25 grams (3 tablespoons) kefalograviera or parmesan
- Wash perch and drain. With a meat mallet, pound out the fillet to be of the same thickness. Season with salt and pepper on both sides and spread the pesto on one side of the fillet.
- Make into a roll enclosing the pesto inside and secure with toothpicks.
- In a food processor add the cashew nuts, cheese and breadcrumbs and mix.
- Spread the bread crumbs on a large piece of parchment paper and roll the fillet to cover the fish. Carefully remove the toothpick and fold in the parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180o C/ 350o F, for 25 minutes.
- Uncover the fillet and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting the fillet into slices.
- Serve with steamed vegetables
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!