Perch recipes are a big hit with my family especially the children and instead of frying the fish, I made this recipe wanting something tasty and healthy. This recipe is very simple to make and is ready in no time and I am sure everyone will definitely love it.
The fish is usually thicker on one side so I pounded it with a mallet to make it the same thickness and seasoned it, added pesto and marinated it.
I then rolled it in a cheese, breadcrumb and cashews mixture. I then baked it in the oven.
Perch is a light tasting fish that goes well with just about anything on the side. I paired it with potato croquettes and steamed vegetables.
Perka Rolo (Perch Roulade), recipe by Ivy
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time:30 minutes
Serves:5 – 6
- 1 kilo Perch fillet
- 4 tablespoons mint pesto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 70 grams cashews
- 25 grams (3 tablespoons) breadcrumbs
- 25 grams (3 tablespoons) kefalograviera or parmesan
- Wash perch and drain. With a meat mallet, pound out the fillet to be of the same thickness.Season with salt and pepper on both sides and spread the pesto on top of the fillet and let it marinate for at least half an hour.
- Make it into a roll enclosing the pesto inside and secure with toothpicks.
- In a food processor add the cashew nuts, cheese and breadcrumbs and mix.
- Spread the bread crumbs on a large piece of parchment paper and roll the fillet to cover the fish.Carefully remove the toothpick and fold in the parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180o C/ 350o F, for 25 minutes.
- Uncover the fillet and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting the fillet into slices.
- Serve with steamed vegetables
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!