Perch recipes are a big hit with my family especially the children and instead of frying the fish, I made this recipe wanting something tasty and healthy.   This recipe is very simple to make and is ready in no time and I am sure everyone will definitely love it.

The fish is usually thicker on one side so I pounded it with a mallet to make it the same thickness and seasoned it, added pesto and marinated it.

I then rolled it in a cheese, breadcrumb and cashews mixture.  I then baked it in the oven.

Perch is a light tasting fish that goes well with just about anything on the side.  I paired it with potato croquettes and steamed vegetables.

Perka Rolo (Perch Roulade), recipe by Ivy

Preparation time:15 minutes

Cooking time:30 minutes

Serves:5 – 6

• 1 kilo Perch fillet
  • 4 tablespoons mint pesto
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 70 grams cashews
  • 25 grams (3 tablespoons) breadcrumbs
  • 25 grams (3 tablespoons) kefalograviera or parmesan

1. Wash perch and drain. With a meat mallet, pound out the fillet to be of the same thickness.Season with salt and pepper on both sides and spread the pesto on top of the fillet and let it marinate for at least half an hour.
  2. Make it into a roll enclosing the pesto inside and secure with toothpicks.
  3. In a food processor add the cashew nuts, cheese and breadcrumbs and mix.
  4. Spread the bread crumbs on a large piece of parchment paper and roll the fillet to cover the fish.Carefully remove the toothpick and fold in the parchment paper.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180o C/ 350o F, for 25 minutes.
  6. Uncover the fillet and bake for another 5 minutes.
  7. Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting the fillet into slices.
  8. Serve with steamed vegetables

Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!

Tags: , , , , , ,

18 Comments on Perka Rolo (Perch Roulade)

1. Peter G from Souvlaki For The Soul says:

Nice flavours Ivy! The cheese/cashew mixture sounds delicious and I like the fact that it’s baked…very healthy!

2. alison says:

it sounds so yummmy,ivy!and very healthy,of course!have a good week!

3. dona says:

nice ivy mou
    alla tipote nistisimo tora pou nistevoume den exeis??

4. Elena says:

Ivy, very interesting recipe! I do that too with bass, a fish with white flesh and sweet, that are doing very well be made the cake. Only one to miss a single ingredient – cheese. Congratulations and vegetable trimmings to steam, whose fan is. A beautiful week!

A very healthy meal! I love that breadcrumb mixture!

Hola Ivy, we call it perca here, I agree, It's a delicious fish and the way you prepare it's much healthier than fried :D.

Ivy, a good method to get children to eat more fish.

8. Perch recipes would be a big hit with me too! The cashews in this sound delicious!

9. 5starfoodie says:

Yum! I love the cashews in the roll!

10. 2x" class="avatar avatar-32 photo" height="32" width="32" style="min-width: 32px; max-width: 32px; " orig_min_width="empty" orig_max_width="empty" orig_width="32" >Juliana says:

Ivy, this fish dish must taste so yummie with mint pesto in it…and your breadcrumb mix with cashew nuts sounds delicious :-)

11. 2x" class="avatar avatar-32 photo" height="32" width="32" style="min-width: 32px; max-width: 32px; " orig_min_width="empty" orig_max_width="empty" orig_width="32" >Angie's Recipes says:

The fish must taste very good with cashew nuts in! And indeed, this is a well-balanced healthy meal!

12. Erica says:

Wow! That looks amazing, Ivy! Cashew flavor…..fantastic dish!

13. Simona says:

Pesto over fish is a very nice idea and so are the nuts. This is a winning recipe.

14. Maria says:

A very different recipe for fish … sounds delicious!

15. I don't think I have ever had perch, but it looks good and mild-tasting; I was wondering about your mint pesto, how do you make it?

16. heni says:

Look healthy and interesting with the cashews, something prefect for Spring Ivy!

Yummo – this looks delicious Ivy.

18. […] Perka Rolo (Fish in parchment paper) […]