I finally made it and finished my first cookbook! I submitted the pdf last night and keep my fingers crossed that there will be no technical glitches. If everything is in order then hopefully it will be ready for sale sometime in December.  I shall keep you posted.

After almost one year of hard work, I am now very pleased with the final result and think that the book is very professionally written.   I am still working on fixing the title of the book after suggestions by friends at facebook and hope that this will be overcome soon. Here is how it looks now.

I have uploaded a lot of pictures of the 150 recipes on flickr if you would like to take a look inside.   Most of my Cypriot recipes were written back in 2007, when I first created the blog, so I had to cook them again both the test the recipe but also to take new photos and of course weigh the ingredients.  In the book I have them both in the US and metric measuring system.

The cookbook has now been published and you can order it from here.

Special thanks go to my friend Soma of e-Curry for providing me with the beautiful book cover picture.

Do you want to write a cookbook?  Maybe I can help you but not right away.    Stay tuned and I will let you know when.  As a first step you can visit createspace and sign up.    Signing up is free and you don’t have to pay until you are ready.

Authors, Share Your Book with Millions of Readers

Now, I need a few days to rest and will start posting recipes and visiting you again soon.

Kopiaste and Kali Orexi!!

Tags: , , , , ,

57 Comments on Do you want to write a cookbook?

1. Joan Nova says:

Very exciting…good luck Ivy.

Wow, congrats! It looks so awesome. You must be very proud of yourself. I love that cover and your portrait.

3. Congratulations on completing the book Ivy! The cover looks amazing.
    My recent post The recipe

4. Alessandra says:

Hi! Congrats on writing your cookbook!!
    My recent post Movie Mondays 2 Sabrina 1954

5. Srivalli says:

Congrats Ivy, that's a great news! the book in PDF format or going to be in printed form also?

6. Katerina says:

Ivy mou, congratulations. Eventually you finished it! I believe it really consumed all of your energy and strength. I can see though that it is totally worth it. It looks very professional and beautiful.
    Katerina recently posted..Quick Meals Part 4- Angel-hair Pasta with Shrimps and Macedonian Fruit CompoteMy Profile

7. rachel says:

Good luck with the fabulous book. And the cover is really pretty..
    My recent post MAD over Donuts Daring Bakers

Congragulations Ivy. I did think when i saw the pic it was soma's picture.
    You do deserve to have a cook book.

9. 5starfoodie says:

Wow, Ivy, congratulations! That is exciting news!

10. heni says:

Your cookbook looks lovely Ivy! I am sure it took you loads of time, love and effort! I am so so happy for you. I pray it will be enjoyed across the Globe … best wishes!
    My recent post Saha Aïdkoum!

11. Niki says:

Ivy! Congratulations!!!! This is phenomenal! I didn't even know you were writing a cookbook. I'm seriously out of the loop!

I can't wait to get a copy!

12. Congrats! Looks awesome Ivy!
    Best of luck to your book!

13. Soma says:

You deserve an enormous Congratulation and a big hug ! Very well done. I bet all those hours and efforts have really paid off. I cannot wait to see it.

14. theveggie says:

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment. You should be proud. Are you going to do more posts about the process of writing the book?

15. Thank you Nancy. My best wishes to you as well. I can't wait to get it into my hands and I will post details in another post when it is published.

16. Jamie says:

Congratulations! This is fabulous and that book cover is gorgeous! Ever since we honeymooned on Cyprus we have dreamed of going back. Husband even toys with the idea of retiring there so this book will be my gift to him. I can't wait to see it! xo

17. alison says:

congratulation,ivy,on writing your cookbook!wow,sounds so exciting to write a book about food,flavors,traditional and ethnic food!the cover is beautiful,delicate and feminine.i don't know if i want to write a cookbook but i know i would like to buy your!

Sorry I'm a little late Ivy! I can't wait! It looks great. Congratulations on this labour of love!
    My recent post Photo Friday-Ice Cream

19. Lori Lynn says:

YAY Ivy – congratulations! The cover is just dreamy! Sign me up for a copy please!

20. Cynthia says:

This is such an amazing accomplishment Ivy! I am thrilled and very happy for you!

Looking forward to more details as I would love to get a copy of your book.

Continued success!
    My recent post Dont Baste the Turkey- Braise-Stew it!

21. Kevin says:

Your own cookbook! It looks amazing! Congratulations!
    My recent post Festive Roast Pumpkin Salad

22. Elena says:

Polla Bravo!!!!! Xairomai polu gia sena .. elpizw na ta poume syntoma k fysika thelw k egw na mpw stin oura gia vivlio me afierwsi!!! :)))))

23. lisaiscooking says:

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!

24. BenHerrera says:

Ivy I'm so happy for you! I was lost in the real world for awhile and it's such a great surprise to find out you have written a cookbook. I really hope we can get it here in America so I can purchase it. Again, I'm so proud and happy for you. hehe.

25. Nadji says:

Ivy mon amie, bravo!!!
    Du très beau travail.
    Je te souhaite bonne chance avec ce livre.
    Bon weekend et à bientôt.
    My recent post Roulés de lasagnes aux épinards et à la ricotta

26. fimère says:

il doit être parfait ton livre et j'espère qu'il aura beaucoup de succès auprès des lecteurs
    bonne chance
    bonne journée

27. FoodJunkie says:

Congratulations! I hope all goes well. It is so much work, you must be really proud.

28. tigerfish says:

Congrats! It is a huge accomplishment:)
    My recent post Simply Tomatoes Pasta