1. Whatever you are eating while no one is watching, does not contain any calories.
2. When drinking a sugar free fizzy drink while eating a chocolate bar, the calories in the chocolate bar is evened out by the fizzy drink.
3. If you are eating together with other people, only count the calories you eat more than them.
4. Food used for …medical purposes (e.g. hot chocolate, red wine, cognac etc.) NEVER counts.
5. The more you make other people eat, the thinner you appear.
6. Food (e.g. popcorn, peanuts, fizzy drinks, chocolate and sweets) which is a part of the cosy moment of watching movies or listening to music, does not contain any calories, as they are not consumed as a meal, but merely as a part of entertainment.
7. Cake, confectionery and cookies contains no fat, if they are split into small pieces and eaten little by little, because the fat will evaporate when splitting them.
8. Everything licked off a knife or spoon while cooking, contains no calories as it is done as a part of the cooking process.
9. Foods having the same colour, contains the same amount of calories (e.g. tomatoes and strawberry jam, mushrooms and white chocolate).
10. Frozen food (e.g. ice cream) contains no calories, as calories are a heating unit.
Ha, ha, just Joking! Please, don’t take the above seriously!
You all know that I have been on a diet these past six months and I have now lost 18 kilos (2.83 stones).
I won’t say it was easy but what I can say that it was not tiring or boring as I didn’t cook anything special for myself. I continued cooking the food we eat, which is based on the Mediterranean Diet but with the combinations and amounts suggested by my Dietician Mr. Andreas Sampatakakis. I have eaten all kinds of food which otherwise are not allowed in many diets, such as moussakas, pastitsio, dolmades, pizza, pasta, fricasse, psito sto fourno, fried food, etc.
Mr. Sampatakakis and I are now joining forces to write a Diet Cookbook, based on the Mediterranean Diet. The scientific part which will include articles, advice, dietary programmes etc will be written by Mr. Sampatakakis and lots of healthy recipes written by me, will support the diet to follow.
So, stay tuned…
Until then : Eat less, exercise more, put more fruits and vegetables in your diet, stay away from sugar as much as possible and don’t eat too much junk food.
Finally, I was recently interviewed by National RV Parks, so if you like, you can read my interview here. Thank you Shane for chosing my blog.
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,