- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1/3 cup TEPES pitted garlicky olives
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heaping tbsp tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil and an olive to garnish
Add cooked chickpeas, butternut squash, pitted olives, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini and spices (salt, black pepper, smoked papkrika and cumin) to a blender or food processor and whirl until all components are completely blended into each other. Taste to adjust spices.
It’s perfect with hot pita bread, koulouri or lagana to dip in.
The original recipe for hoummous is included in my cookbook Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste as well as in Volume 1 of my e-cookbook.
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,