I was craving something sweet today but was really busy after coming back from the farmers’ market and shopping. I had already bought these beautiful strawberries and since I had a bar of chocolate, I prepared this delectable, but so simple, dessert in no time.
It took 5 minutes to melt the chocolate and 10 minutes to dip them in it.
By the time we had lunch, they had cooled and were ready to be devoured:)
I love the combination of black pepper and chocolate, without it being hot but just giving a bit of a tingle on the tongue.
The addition of salt enhances all the flavours.
If you do not have petimezi, you can substitute it with carob syrup or maple syrup and for those who are not vegan you can add honey.
Vegan Choco-Strawberries, recipe by Ivy
- 400 grams strawberries
- 125 grams vegan couverture chocolate
- 1/4 cup petimezi (grape molasses)
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine
- A pinch of coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and drain strawberries.
- Line a baking tin or a tray with parchment paper and place a rack on top, for chocolate to drip in.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate. When it starts melting, add remaining ingredients and mix until the chocolate is smooth and glossy.
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate and place on the rack.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate before serving.
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,