Okra with pollock fillets
Author: Recipe by Ivy
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 750 grams okra
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 grams (1 can) pumaro concasse or 1 kilo ripe fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 600 ml water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 4 Pollock fillets
- Wash and clean the okra. See step by step instructions following the link below.
- In a pot heat the olive oil and sauté the onion until translucent. Add the okra and sauté them for 5 -6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste diluted in water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover with the lid and simmer for about half an hour, gently stirring occasionally.
- Add the parsley and gently mix.
- Then add the Pollock and cover with the some okra and sauce.
- Cook for 15 more minutes.
Recipe by Kopiaste..to Greek Hospitality at http://kopiaste.org/2012/09/mpamies-me-mpakaliaro-okra-with-pollock-fillets/