This salad is so simple but yet so delicious. If you have a food processor or a salad shredder, where you can finely cut vegetables, this is a very easy salad to make, otherwise you have to cut the cabbage by hand and grate the carrots. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days, without adding the oil.
Cabbage salad goes with practically everything, especially with meat. You can substitute white cabbage with purple cabbage and if you like you can add more ingredients like this one.
Lahanosalata me Karoto (Cabbage and Carrot Salad)
- 5 – 6 cups of cabbage, finely chopped
- 3 – 4 medium carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt (at will)
- Black pepper (optional)
- Finely cut cabbage head into fine, thin strips and then cut them into smaller pieces
- Add the grated carrot, olive oil and the lemon juice gradually. Season with salt and pepper.
- Taste and add more lemon juice if you prefer.
You can toss both vegetables well and store in an air tight vessel, in the refrigerator. Each time you want to eat some you only add olive oil, lemon and salt.
Optionally, you may add some crumbled feta. If you do not like lemon you can use some wine vinegar as well.
You can find my Greek recipes in my cookbooks «More Than A Greek Salad», and«Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!» both available on all Amazon stores. Read more here.
Other related Recipes:
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,