Today as I was looking into some of my notes, I noticed that today was the deadline for the Monthly Mingle event, created by Meeta, of Whats For Lunch Honey’s and co-hosted this month by Mansi, of Fun ‘n’ Food, This month’s theme being Appetizers & Hors D’ oeuvres, we were requested to share some fancy vegetarian appetizers. Cook something that’s pretty to look at and tasty to bite in, something that looks good on a plate and is irresistible to our guests!

I had made a note to participate in this event but as always there are so many events going on that it skipped my mind.

Thank God I still had some Preserved Peppers (Piperies Florinis) left in my refrigerator and I prepared these appetizers, which are delicious and easy to make:

Greek Mezes with Red Peppers (Florinis)

Each piece of pepper makes 2 appetizers so depending on number of your guests adjust the recipe

4 pieces of peppers

8 pieces of feta cheese, cubed

8 pieces of cucumber

4 kalamata olives, pitted

a pinch of salt (optional)

Black pepper (optional)

a pinch of oregano

Peel and cut the cucumber, (I use only small and tender cucumbers which do not have seeds in them), add salt (be careful as the feta is salty) and place a cube of feta on top. Put them on a toothpick and then fold the pepper and add it on top of the feta and a half of and olive. When all are finished, sprinkle with oregano and pepper.

Place in the refrigerator to chill.

Tags: , , , ,

10 Comments on Greek Mezes with Red Peppers (Florinis)

1. Mansi Desai says:

that looks so simple and tasty ivy! thanks for sharing an authentic greek appetizer with us at the MM!:)

2. Lisa says:

You simply can’t go wrong with feta cheese and olives! Good choice for your entry Ivy.

3. Hetal says:

Nice recipe….seems simple and tasty too.

4. Hetal says:

Hey check out my blog,have something for you..

5. Bellini Valli says:

My daughter is coming for our mother/daughter movie night tomorrow…these should settle our hunger while dinner is cooking:D

6. Susan from Food Blogga says:

Peppers, feta, and olives are perfection together. This is a superb entry, Ivy!

Ai, I wanted to participate too, but the time’s gone :(. A lovely entry Ivy! And very colourful too 😀

8. Madame Donna C. says:

Just what I’ve been searching for in pursuit of some new summertime appetizers! These look flavorful and refreshing.

9. maybelles parents says:

simply perfect.

These look so creative Ivy! And perfect as canapes with drinks.