This morning I thought I had finished with all the events I had committed to post in order to post some seasonal recipes but I can’t resist and have more and more events to participate in.

However, before I start preparing recipes for the events there is something I should have done a long time ago.

My blog sister Val, of More than Burnt Toast, sent me a package with lots of craisins and some cranberries and have been making a few things but I was caught into a lot of food events I wanted to participate in and just kept postponing writing about it.

I am posting all these recipes together as, as you will see I have not made any significant changes to the original ones.

Lemon cranberry pound cake, adapted from Joy of Baking

The only changes I made to this recipe is that soaked the cranberries in my gooseberry liqueur, which added an additional wonderful flavour. Instead of dusting wish sugar powder, I coated the cake with a ready made marzipan and decorated it with my homemade cherry spoon sweet.

Millesfeuilles with cranberries, adapted from one of my classic recipes.

This time instead of making it with sfogliatine biscuits I baked the puff pastry and on top of the pastry cream I had prepared a sauce with the frozen cranberries Val had sent me. I made a sort of quick spoon sweet. I brought to a boil 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of water and 2 spoonfuls of lemon juice, then I added 1 cup of frozen cranberries and simmered them for five minutes. When they cooled I added some in the middle of the dessert without the syrup. I served some of the syrup on top. You are very lucky to have them.

Apple Strudel, a recipe from my friendsGiz and Psychgrad, of Equal Opportunity Kitchen

The only thing I changed is that instead of raisins, I added craisins, which were soaked in gooseberry liqueur and pecans instead of walnuts. I also added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to the filling. The only thing I have to say is that I can’t stop eating it (I still have a few pieces left).

Thanks Val. I still have some more craisins and cranberries left for me to try.

And Now to the Award:

My friend Maria, of the Goddess’s Kitchen, has awarded my with the Brilliante Blog Award. Maria has a beautiful blog and bakes the most beautiful and delicious cakes. If you have not visited her yet, please do. I am sure you will be drooling for the next of the day :p)

Brilliant Weblog is a prize given to sites and blogs that are smart and brilliant both in their content and their design. The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogosphere.

Here are the rules to follow :
When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’.
Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).

The difficult part is to pass these awards on to other friends. However, as I passed this Award to all of you a few days ago, I wish to award it to some new friends of mine, some of which are new in blogging and I wish you to meet and leave them a comment so that they know that we care about them.

a) The Recipe mission. Suzie has been matched with me in the Adopt a Blogger program but we have not yet found time to acquaint each other with. Hope to do so soon.

b) To Maria, of Kali Orexi. Maria is my unofficial adopted blogger. I met Maria via e-mail before the matching with Suzie.

c) To Despina, of Let’s Eat!! Despina is also a new blogger but she has just given birth to a lovely baby boy, so her hands are full at the moment, but she does post her lovely recipes.

d) Arfi, from HomemadeS, who has a beautiful blog with lots of delicious recipes and fantastic photos. Arfi is a veteran in blogging, way before a lot of us but she is a new friend.

e) To Sylvia, of La Vida en Buenos Aires. Sylvia is also a veteran Blogger but a new friend and most of you know her but for those of you who don’t I’m sure you will love her blog, her recipes and photos.

Tags: ,

25 Comments on Cranberries, craisins and an Award

I love craisins and cranberries…and that cake has my name all over it! Congratulations on another award.

Ivy, you should open your own bakery shop or restaurant!!!! YOu are a food Machine 😀
    All these cakes and pies look wonderful. You’ve got a Brillante Blog!!!

3. Ivy

Peter, thanks.

Nuria, Thanks. I have a big family and lot’s of these I take with me to Tupperware meetings :-)

4. Aparna says:

Congartulations, Ivy.
    That’s a lot of delicious looking food on this post. I especially liked the pound cake.

5. Maria says:

Geia sta heria sou Ivy! Your cranberry desserts look wonderful … my kids love to eat cranberres on their own while I love to throw them into all kinds of desserts like you did!
    Thank you so much for acknowledging my blogging efforts as I’m trying to get things started here. You’re the best …

6. Rosie says:

Ivy everything looks very delicious I wouldn’t know which one to choose first if I had to sample their delights 😀

Congrats on your award sweet it is well deserved!!

Rosie x

The cake looks delicious.
    I love the icing on it too.

8. Psychgrad says:

Wow – 3 great desserts. I want to be at your place! I don’t think I’ve ever tried craisins. But, I love raisins – so I should.

Giz just sent me the link showing that you made her recipe. She’s really “cheesed” that someone tried it. Glad you liked it! Congrats on the award too!

9. arfi says:

Yummy cake! I sometimes am imagining, what if bloggers in the world are neighbours? Perhaps, there’ll be food feasts every day in the compound hehehehe. Oh,thanks for the award. Veteran? ha ha ha! Thanks for your kind words. Appreciate that :) Cheers.

10. Ivy

Hi, it’s been a very busy day today so I will not reply back to each one of you but I wish to thank you for taking time to come and comment. Psychgrad they were prepared on different occasions. I think craisins are better than raisins and don’t forget to say thanks to Giz for the recipe.

11. Maria says:

Ivy everything looks so delicious! I love that Lemon Cranberry Pound Cake and will be bookmarking to make at a later date, thanks for sharing.

And your very welcome on the award, you deserve it!

12. Usha says:

Everything looks fantastic :)

13. elly says:

OOoh this all looks delicious! I love pound cake so, so much.

14. Corinne says:

Mmm, I love the flavor combination of cranberry and lemon! The picture looks so good I want to lick the screen! haha!

15. Deeba says:

Congrats on the award Ivy…well done! I love the flood of sweetness on this post…gorgeous. Of course I’m envious of all the goodies; wish I was there in your kitchen now! You’ve put the cranberries & craisins to fantstic use!! YUM!!

16. srilekha says:

wow! delicious cake! mouth watering pics Ivy! am drooling over it!

Hi again sweetheart! There’s something for you here:
    Hope you like it 😀

18. Sylvia says:

Thanks a lot Ivy, for your sweet words and you deserve the award, your blog as well you are great.
    I love pound cakes and a love love the combo cranberries & lemons. I´ll must try this recipe soon 😉

19. Hi Ivy

The cake looks too tempting and so does the apple strudel!! Great baking!!

Beautiful recipes Ivy – cranberries are a favourite of mine, although we only seem to get the dried ones here.

21. I am so glad that you are still enjoying the cranberries sis. They are very popular here this time of the year and grow here in British Columbia. They are like the “figs” of Greece in that they are a national treasure:D

22. Ivy

Thanks Val. I loved them that’s why I am using them everywhere. I still have the half quantity of the frozen cranberries to use.

23. Lore says:

They all look like they’re about to give me a craving for sweet bakes 😉

24. Congratulations on the award, Ivy! I love craisins too. I could eat them right out of the bag!

25. […] Salmon” all the way from Canada and it’s not the first time.  We have exchanged parcels in the past as […]