I have so many recipes I have prepared ages ago and have not posted about them. Today I saw the event Sensational Sides, so I decided to post this recipe.
Beetroot salad with anchovies
- ½ kilo beetroots, together with their fresh leaves
- 2 spoonfuls of walnuts, coarsely cut
- 250 grams of Greek yoghurt
- 1- 2 garlic cloves, minced with a pinch of salt
- 1 spoonful olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 10 fillets of marinated anchovies
- Wash the beets and peel the roots.
- Choose the most tender of the leaves together with the sprigs and boil them together until they become soft. Rinse and drain them. Remove the roots to a plate and drain the leaves to remove all fluid. Place them as well in the plate and cut them into smaller pieces.
- With a mortar and pestle crush the garlic with a pinch of salt and add to the beets.
- Add olive oil, vinegar and additional salt if necessary.
- Cut the 3 anchovies fillets into small pieces and add together with the yoghurt and mix them well.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour or two for all the flavours to mix.
Arrange in your serving platter and decorate with the remaining anchovies and crushed walnuts.
I am submitting this recipe to this month’s edition of Monthly Mingles, Sensational Sides, which is being hosted by Ruth @ Ruth’s Kitchen Experiments , originally created by Meeta, of What’s For Lunch Honey? .