Lahanosalata (Cabbage salad) made with cabbage, celery, onion, nuts and dried fruit and dressed with a delicious salad dressing, may take a little time to prepare but it is worth all the effort.
We will be going to Switzerland and France, for a week to visit our son and hope to visit your blogs soon.
Lahanosalata (Cabbage salad) with Pomegranate
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ¾ cup of walnuts cut in big pieces
- 2 tbsp sultana raisins
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 cup mayonnaise (1 small jar)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of mild mustard
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Finely cut all the ingredients in a large bowl, especially the cabbage. Mix all the salad dressing ingredients and combine with the salad.
- It can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days.
You can find my Greek recipes in my cookbooks «More Than A Greek Salad», and«Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!» both available on all Amazon stores. Read more here.
Other related Recipes:
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,