Τhis dish is perfect for any party and your guests will be impressed.   The filling is based on the same filling I stuff the Christmas Turkey but in case you don’t feel like stuffing a whole turkey this is equally tasty, less messy and costs less.

If you have leftover stuffing when preparing your Christmas turkey, you can freeze it and use it another day or make it from scratch.

The best part is that this dish can be prepared in advance and the only thing you then have to do is bake it with no supervision at all, so that you can have time with your guests.

Stuffed Turkey Roulade

Preparation time:  1 hour

Cooking time:  1 hour

Makes:  about  30 slices

• 2 Turkey breasts (each about 1.500 grams)

• 250-300 grams of chicken livers, fresh or frozen
  • 1 onion finely chopped
  • 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and blended
  • ½ cup of white dry wine
  • ½ cup of rice(Carolina or arborio)
  • ½ cup of finely chopped parsley
  • ½ cup of boiled chestnuts, cut into small pieces or almonds crushed (with the skin)
  • ½ cup of raisins
  • Salt – pepper – cinnamon to taste
  • ½ cup of water
  • 1/3 cup of  olive oil

Prepare the stuffing:

1. The stuffing can be made in advance and may be deep-freezed or made from the previous day.
  2. Wash the livers and let them drain from the water then mince them or cut them into small pieces (as small as possible). If you have a food processor where you can grind them, so much the better.
  3. Peel and finely chop the onion.   In a large skillet or sautéing  pan, heat the oil and slightly sauté the onion.  Before browning add the giblets and sauté as well.  Add wine and let the alcohol evaporate.  Add, salt, pepper, cinnamon, parsley, boiled and peeled chestnuts (or almonds), raisins, tomatoes and the water and let is simmer for 15 minutes.
  4.  Add the rice, lower heat and stir until all the fluids have been absorbed, mixing at regular intervals.
  5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before stuffing the turkey.

Preparing the Roulade:

1. Wash the turkey fillet and pat dry.   With a sharp filleting knife you will have to carve the meat so that it will become like a big slice of about 1 – 1 1/2 cm thick.   Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
  2. Spread a layer of filling (about 1 cm) on the turkey and then form into a roulade (use toothpicks to secure).
  3. Place each one on a separate piece of parchment paper and roll, removing the toothpicks.   Wrap it also in aluminum foil.   Place in a baking tin and bake for 1 hour.  If you like you can also add seasoned potatoes to cook together with the turkey.  In this case you will add, olive oil, lemon juice, and water.  In case you are baking potatoes you will have to turn them at least once and add water, if necessary.
  4. Remove turkey from parchment and aluminum foil and allow to cool completely before slicing.

You can find many Greek recipes in my cookbooks «More Than A Greek Salad», and«Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!» both available on all Amazon stores. Read more here.

Other related Recipes:

Turkey Pie Roulade Stuffed Turkey Roulade Chicken and Leek Pie Chicken Galette (with video)

Stuffed Chicken rolls

Stuffed Psaronefri  (Pork Loin

Stuffed Pork Loin wrapped in vine leaves

Tags: , , , ,

17 Comments on Stuffed Turkey Roulade

Wow indeed it will feed some 20 people with a delicious dish like this and you can also prepare them ahead .

Nice roulades! That’s a great idea!

3. Joan Nova says:

I love roulades and the surprises that waits inside.

4. Hopie says:

Looks delicious and perfect for a festive occasion when you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen. I just posted an entry to this event too!

5. Rosie says:

Wonderful roulades and I am sure Psychgrad will love this too! Congrats to Psychgrad on her coming wedding – how exciting for her 😀

Rosie x

How delicious! And such a lovely dish to look at. It made my tummy grumble for lunch!

7. maria says:

The stuffing sounds great Ivy! Looks like a wonderful dish to present on a buffet.

8. That is so cool Ivy! What a great recipe for a buffet! I also wanted to let you know I am going to be talking about the BloggerAid cookbook tomorrow, instead of Thursday, because Thurs. is the posting day for World Nutella Day.

9. Bunny says:

Now this is a good idea Ivy, the turkey and filling in a single slice serving. This is a great idea for a wedding dinner.

10. giz says:

Oh Ivy, how beautiful is this. You’re a dear friend and you can be sure this one will be included. I love it. I especially love the “bringing lots of grandchildren” part and I didn’t even have to pay you to say that :)

11. Psychgrad says:

Thank you for the great submission. Giz and I made a turkey roulade before and it was a hit. This one looks very tasty as well! Would you believe that Giz and I were up until 1:00am talking about food for the wedding last night? I foresee many sleepless nights in my future.

Thank you for your nice wishes for me and R.

I’m looking forward to seeing you other submission too – smoked salmon is always a hit with my family!

12. This sounds perfect for a no fuss wedding reception Ivy. I wouldn’t be able to resist:D

A fantastic dish with all possible advantages Ivy! I’m not marrying but love the ingredients and the simplicity… might do it soon ;D

Ivy, this is remiscent of a Greek Christmas turkey and stuffing…elegant.