Make your own Greek spice mixture. You can use it to add a little extra flavor to your Greek dishes.
It goes well with poultry but also in many more recipes. It is very easy to make your own spice mixture. You can season chicken, fish or other meat or add it in marinades. If you don’t like any of the spices, just leave it out.
My Greek Spice mixture
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Makes: about 5 tbsp
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mixed peppercorns (black, red, green, white)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (black or yellow)
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- Crush all the ingredients together using a pestle and mortar or an electric spice grinder.
- Store in a tightly capped jar.
- Store in jars or in air-tight containers.
You can find many Greek recipes in my cookbook “More Than A Greek Salad”, and “Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!” both available on all Amazon stores. You can find more details here.
Other relevant recipes:
How to make Garam Massala
How to make Masticha (mastic) Powder
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,