A few days ago I made an amazing Apple Tart, which I wanted to post, but looking in «My recipes to post» file, I saw that I had a lot of apple recipes I made using apples, which I did not post. u00c2u00a0Some of these recipes have been made even four years ago.
So, I decided to start from the older recipes and please excuse the photographs if they are not so good.
Here are a few of such recipes which will follow: u00c2u00a0There is an Apple Pie with lattice, an Apple Caramel Cream cheese cake, an Upside Down Apple Pie with yoghurt, an Apple strudel, an Apple Caramel Crumble, and my latest recipe which is the above Apple Tart which is not just any Apple Tart, but an original recipe of mine.
I will start with this » nistisimi» (vegan) recipe. u00c2u00a0If you are craving something sweet and have no dessert at home, these baked apples are so easy to make, very healthy, considering there is no butter or eggs and satify your craving for something sweet. u00c2u00a0They are versatile and can be stuffed using different nuts, dried fruit, other alcoholic drinks, liqueur, red sweet wine, sugar, honey, maple syrup, fruit preserves, jams, spices etc.
I used Lemon Marmalade which I had made back then and cherry brandy which I had at home but if you don’t have any of these ingredients, you can substitute them with any other nuts, dried fruit, citrus marmalade ro other alcoholic drink, such as brandy, rum, liqueur etc.
Stuffed Baked apples, recipe by Ivy
Preparation time: u00c2u00a020 minutes
Cooking time: u00c2u00a035 minutes
- 5 large apples
- 5 tablespoons coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy (or other brandy)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon marmalade
- 1 tsp brown sugar on top of each apple
- A sprinkle of cinnamon on top of each apple
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 180u00ceu00bfu00c2u00a0C / 350u00ceu00bfu00c2u00a0F.
- Soak raisins with cherry brandy for 15 minutes.u00c2u00a0u00c2u00a0u00c2u00a0u00c2u00a0
- Mix in the almonds and the marmalade.u00c2u00a0u00c2u00a0
- Core the apples but do not go all the way through.u00c2u00a0u00c2u00a0 Fill in the cavity with as much of the mixture it can take, adding some of the liquid as well.
- u00c2u00a0Sprinkle some cinnamon and brown sugar on top.
u00c2u00a0Place in a Pyrex or other baking tin, add leftover marinade and some water and bake for about 30 minutes until apples are soft.u00c2u00a0
Serve as it is or for a more decadent dessert, serve it with whipped cream, with scoops of ice cream, sour cream, or even Greek yoghurt with honey.
As you may know by now, google has announced that google reader will terminate its services in a few months. u00c2u00a0 You can now follow all my posts on «Bloglovin».
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,