Mothers Day Poem
The light in my sun.
I can’t thank you enough for all you have done.
You make me smile when I am sad.
You are the best mother a child could ever have.
You console me deeply when something’s wrong.
You know when something’s happened or something’s going on.
I appreciate the love you bring in.
You cheer me up when I lose.
You make me laugh when I win.
You turn my moon into a sun.
You’ve done too much though my life has just begun.
You give me a shelter and food to eat.
You are the soles in my shoes
The bones in my feet.
You support me and hold me tall.
You stand me high and don’t let me fall.
You make my life easier in every way.
That’s why I want to say Happy Mother’s Day!
In case you have forgotten, tomorrow, 12 May is Mother’s Day. If you think you don’t have enough time left to honour her, you still have time to get Mom a great gift by offering her my Cookbook, at the price of a card or by baking something special for her.
As a tribute to my deceased Mother, I am offering this one-day special offer of my Cookbook Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, with 260 of the best traditional Greek Cypriot recipes at the price of only 6 Euros.
When sending her the e-book (in pdf format) she will receive it immediately and you can also write a message of note which will be conveyed to her together with the e-book.
On the other hand, if you want to make something really special for your mother, here is a decadent dessert she will surely love, if she likes lemons. The other day my neighbour gave me tons of lemons and check out what I made.
Lemon Curd Éclairs, recipe by Ivy
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
For choux pastry (pâte à choux):
- 115 grams butter (1 stick)
- 235 ml water
- 125 grams/4.40oz all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
How to make Lemon Curd
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: about 2 cups
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 5 – 6 juicy lemons)
- 2 tbsps grated lemon zest
- 1 heaped tbsp corn flour (starch)
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter (1 stick butter), cut into 1/8-in slices
Lemon Cream Filling:
- Half of the Lemon curd
- 125 ml heavy cream
For the Chocolate glazing:
- 125 grams couverture chocolate
- 125 grams heavy cream
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- For the Choux Pastry: Preheat oven to 200o C / to 400 o F.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, combine butter and water. Bring to a boil, stirring until butter melts completely. Reduce heat to low, and add flour and salt. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves the sides of the pan and begins to form a stiff ball. Remove from heat and place in your mixer bowl and attach the dough hook. At medium speed, add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated completely after each addition.
- With a spoon or a pastry bag fitted with a large tip, spoon or pipe dough onto parchment sheet leaving about an inch in between.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 180o C / to 350 o and bake about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Pierce lengthwise the side of each one to let out the steam escape and then cool them on a wire rack.
For the Lemon Curds: Zest the lemons with a box grater or a peeler and then juice the lemons.
Put the eggs, sugar, corn flour and lemon peels or zest in a food processor and mix to combine.
Heat the lemon juice and mix in the mixture using a balloon whisk mixing continuously until it sets.
Set aside until it becomes lukewarm (about 5 minutes).
Cut the butter into smaller pieces and mix in to combine.
Refrigerate and use whenever you need it.
- For the Lemon cream: To fill the éclairs use half of the curd mixed with 125 grams whipped cream.
- For the chocolate glazing: In a bain Mari (double boiler), add about 1 – 2 cm water in the pot and add a metallic bowl on top. Bring to boil, reduce heat and stir chocolate until it melts. Add the remaining ingredients and mix. Allow to cool, mixing regularly until it becomes lukewarm and pour over the eclairs.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Other Relevant Recipes:
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,