I am sorry I haven’t been around the past few days but I am sure that you will understand after reading the post.

We told you in the announcement of the World Food Day Event that we wanted to do more than just raise awareness about hunger.

As promised, we did:

I have created a Social Network called BloggerAid.

There you will find a Forum connected to feeding the hungry. We shall be very glad if you join us. On the right hand side of my site there is a badge and you can join from there and feel free to add it on your blog as well.

And Now to the Roundup.

I wish to thank you all again for lining up your dishes and opening up your hearts and telling us why you are thankful. We are so fortunate to have so much when others have so little.

Dishes lined up, from Greece, to France and from Belgium to the United Kingdom, passed the Ocean to Canada, then to New Zealand and to Australia, to The Philippines, to Singapore and to India and formed the conga line spreading the word worldwide.

Here are all the entries, in the sequence I received them:

PUMPKIN CREME BRULEE, by Val, of More than Burnt Toast: from British Columbia, Canada.

Val says:

«No matter what part of the world we live in we have many things to be thankful for. Each and every one of these dishes is a great inspiration to us all and brings to the forefront the plight of 862 million undernourished people around the globe including those even in our own area of the world. In a city the size of mine with a population of 110,000 people…30,000 residents, including 10,000 children, receive hampers from the Food Bank. Hunger is not necessarily just a Third World concern, but is a prevalent problem in our own cities and streets. The number of both working poor and working homeless is increasing. Think about those less fortunate this holiday season and the world will be a better place.»

PUMPKIN PIE CHIFFON CAKE, by Cakebrain, of Cake on the Brain: from Vancouver, B.C., Canada.

Cakebrain says:

This Pumpkin Chiffon Cake has the flavours of a pumpkin pie but instead of being dense, spicy and cloying, it is light, fragrant of fall aromas, and moist.

I have much to be thankful for: A healthy family, great friends and a food blogging community that is both inspirational and supportive!

ZUCCHINI PUMPKIN CAKE, by Giz, of Equal Opportunity Kitchen: from , Canada

Giz says:

Zucchini Pumpkin Cake for me epitomizes fall and Thanksgiving with two different squash sharing cenre stage. Each of the flavours in this cake are distinguishable making it so hard to refuse seconds.
I think a lot about gratitude for a number of reasons. Both of my parents lived through WWII where having a piece of bread was treasure. I’ve heard so many stories about how hungry they were and how their struggle paved the way for the rest of us to be free of the worry of not having enough to eat.

APPLE PEAR PIE, by Hopie, of Hopie’s Kitchen, from Paris, France

Hopie says:

Pies are a traditional and yummy part of Thanksgiving, whether pumpkin, pecan or apple. I like apple-pear pie because it is both seasonal, and festive, plus it’s simple and inexpensive to prepare. I love how Thanksgiving brings together family and good food with seasonal ingredients: good for the soul, the body and the Earth. I am extremely thankful for my family, both immediate and extended. I couldn’t ask to be part of a better, more supportive, wonderful group of weirdos.

BEEF BRISKET, by Psychgrad, of Equal Opportunity Kitchen

Psychgrad says:

Beef brisket is one of those never-fail meals that I associate with family get-togethers. I served this meal as a combined belated Rosh Hashanah and Canadian Thanksgiving, both reflective holidays where you take time to think about your life and what you are thankful for. I am truly thankful for the security that comes with not worrying about affording my next meal and being able to share it with loved ones.

PUMPKIN HALWA WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH,, by PG of Kitchen Stories, from India

PG says:

I made this recipe on the occasion of an Indian festival Deepawali or Diwali, which means as much as the festival of lights. It has many different stories attached to it. In short: It signifies the victory of the good over evil, which I think is signified by the lights we light up in the evenings all over the house. This is also the day where the goddess Laxmi is worshiped in North India.

I’m thankful to god for giving me a wonderful family – my two wonderful men : my son and my husband. And for all that we have – our health – physical and mental, and happiness. We all have a busy life, but every now and then, there are small things which happen, small things which make me realise and remind me that God is up there taking care of us. I thank him for that!

PIZZELLE COOKIES, by Susan of Food Blogga, from U.S.A.

Susan says,

When I was growing up, every family get-together featured my grandmother’s pizzelle cookies — Italian waffle-like cookies flavored with anise and vanilla. Now my dad is carrying on her tradition and is our family’s official pizzelle maker. The last time he visited me, we made a batch of pizzelles together with a special new pizzelle iron. That’s a memory for which I’ll always be thankful.

CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE CREAM FILLING AND STRAWBERRY CREAM FROSTING, by Ning of Heart and Hearth, from Philippines

Ning says:

I have a lot to be thankful for. I also teach my kids to be thankful. I live in a Third World country. And yet, I have a very loving family. I have very loving parents, very supportive sisters and brother. I have a super-sweet, loving and patient husband. I have two beautiful and kind kids. I have lots of good friends. I have a loving and supportive church family. I have a house I can call a home. My husband has work. I have work. My kids go to school. We are free to go to Church and worship our God. We are blessed indeed.

SIMPLE DRESS-UPS FOR HALLOWEEN TREATS & A “Thank You“, by Deeba, of Passionate about Baking, from India

Deeba says:

Thank you foodies & bloggers for making the world such an interesting place, worthwhile day after day, sharing your space with others. It’s changed my world, added new meaning, dimensions & passion to my “everyday”….THANK YOU!!

SPICED CREAMY COFFEE JELLIES, by Happy Cook, of My Kitchen Treasures, from Belgium

Happy Cook Says:

I am thankful for what I have now in my life. Which is my family

COFFEE PANNACOTTA WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS, by Priya, of Priya’s Easy N Tasty Recipes, from France

Priya says:

Who will say no t coffee?? i love anything with coffee, i made this coffee pannacotta within few minutes n the tasted divine.. Thankful to my family for being a backbone for all my efforts.

EGGLESS OATS CHOCOLATE CHIPS SCONES, by Priya, of Priya’s Easy N Tasty Recipes, from France

Priya says:

Easy, Healthy n Quick Breakfast for a long day…Thankful to my parents for giving me such a lovely married life, coz mine is arranged marriage…

EGGLESS BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIPS CAKE, by Priya, of Priya’s Easy N Tasty Recipes, from France

Priya says:

Falvoursome Cake, kids will love them for the sure coz of chocolate chips.. Thankful to my friends for supporting me n my blog..

GULAB JAMUN by Priya, of Priya’s Easy N Tasty Recipes, from France

Priya says:

Authentic Indian sweets…Thankful to God for what I have in my life..

PUMPKIN, SWEET POTATO & SMOKED CHILLI SOUP & RUSTIC BACON & CHEDDAR BREAD, by Rosie, of Rosie Bakes a «Peace» of Cake, from the United Kingdom

Rosie says:

My reason for choosing these two items of food are; they don’t cost an excessive amount of money to make; soup and bread and this type of food are given out by volunteers to homeless people living on the streets who struggle for warmth and food in the U.K. with every passing day!

BOORELU, ALMOND HALWA AND CHOCOLATE BURFIS, by Sharmi, of Neivedyam, from India

Sharmi says:

I am thankful to God for all that he has given me in life. A loving husband, two adorable kids and very loving parents.

GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE SPICE CAKE, by Arfi, of HomeMadeS, from New Zealand

Arfi says:
I am thankful to be in such happy condition to be able to feel gratitude in a healthy life and green environment where I still can breath the fresh air. I wish the world would always be green, so our children in the future will always be thankful they live in such a prosperity earth.

MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES, by Zhulaiha, of Epicurean Escapism, from Singapore

Zhulaiha says:

I am thankful for every day that He has given me; each a renewed opportunity for me to appreciate the littlest things in life and to cherish the love and beauty that surrounds me, for as cliched as it sounds, today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.

BLACK-EYED PEA PATTIES WITH CHILI SAUCE, by Lisa, of Lisa’s Vegetarian Kitchen, from Canada

Lisa says:

I’m thankful that I have access to good food, have acquired the means to transform it into something not only nourishing but delicious and most of all, I am thankful that I have loved ones to share with.

VERMICELLI SOUP WITH MINCED PORK, by Jin Hooi, of Smell & Taste are my memory, from Melbourne, Australia

Jin Hooi says:

I am particularly thankful for having such a good mum, she is the most beautiful mum who was always there for the good and the bad times, always believing in me and constantly encouraging me to be the best I can. Besides this, I am thankful for marrying Steve, being able to share my life with him is the greatest thing in the world. Just writing that puts a smile on my face. He is my dear friend and loving companion who listens to me as I share the small triumphs or struggles of the day.

BASIL RISOTTO – STUFFED TOMATOES, by Ning, of Heart and Hearth, from Philippines

Ning says:

I am thankful, grateful, in fact, to our brave, hardworking immigrant ancestors who came to this land to start, to rebuild their (and consequently, our) lives. I remember their stories. I am grateful for the values and character they instill in us. I hope the stories will continue on as I retell them to my children, and hopefully to my children’s children. May we who are living in the time of plenty never forget the lessons and history of our people.

PERSIMMON WALNUT CAKE IN ORANGE SCENTED SYRUP, by Maria, of Kali Orexi, from U.S.A.

Maria says:

I am thankful for the amazingly beautiful, large and loving family I have. We are lucky enough to enjoy warm meals every day of the week and I only wish I could say as much for everyone in the world.

WILD RICE SALAD WITH CASHEWS AND LEMON-MINT DRESSING, by Anudivya, of …and a little bit more…, from U.S.A.

Anudivya says:

Rice is a staple food in India, and we do have a harvest festival called «Pongal» (named differently in different states in India) which is similar to «Thanksgiving Day» here in the US. It is a celebration of the prosperity associated with the harvest by thanking the rain, sun, the farmer and the farm animals that have helped in the harvest. The celebrations last 4 days. And this dish says it all, rice… nourishing… offering thanks… and celebration.

RICH FRUIT CAKE, by Cakelaw, of Laws of the Kitchen, from Melbourne, Australia

Cakelaw says:

A rich, traditional fruit cake packed with booze and fruit, making me thankful by conjuring up images of Christmas with family and friends.

COUSCOUS STUFFED BELL PEPPERS, by Divya of Dil Se.. from Los Angeles, U.S.A.

Divya says:

This dish is made of couscous and bell peppers, and I am thankful to God for all the wonderful things he has blessed me with.

SPICY FISH KEBABS, by Shibani, of Anyone can cook, from China

Shibani says:

These kebabs are succulent , spicy and blended with aromatic spices. These are ideal for party starters . I am very lucky to have traveled and sampled varieties of cuisine. I am thankful to god for giving me this opportunity

HONEY ROASTED GOLDEN SQUASH AND FRUIT COUSCOUS, by Chris, of Mele Cotte, from U.S.A.

Chris says:

Couscous stuffed roasted squash, this is a perfect side to any autumn meal. Reflections on being thankful? I am employed and am making a difference in middle schoolers lives (I hope). The kids we serve are «at risk» and I am humbled that many trust me, not a typical emotion when it comes to administrators.

Soma says:

I remember the time when back in India many moons back we used to live in a joint family. My grandparents, uncles, aunts & cousins all lived in a big house, ate all together in one long dining table. Sunday afternoon lunches were always beautiful times when everyone was home, relaxed & talking for hours over food. ..

Everytime the aroma of the dish fills the air…it is reminder to me to be thankful for everything, my family & friends, and every memory I cherish…not just for a day but everyday.

Nick says:

This dish was created because of my love for sweet potatoes and desire to combine them with peanut butter. It worked out better than I thought and I wound up eating twice as much of it as I had planned.

I am thankful for too many things, but I think it can be summed up by the collective actions involved in blogging about food: driving a car to a store, where you can choose from every kind of food imaginable, cooking in a warm, well lit house over heat, serving on clean plates, having leftovers, storing them in a refrigerator and finally, being able to tell other people from around the world about the meal.

MOM’S RED POTATO SALAD, by Rachel, from the Crispy Cook, from U.S.A

Rachel says:

As a food blogger, I am certainly thankful that I and my family and friends are not hungry and that we have such a bounty of food from our markets and gardens. I am also thankful for my Mom, Carol, who has
always supported me throughout my life and given advice, comfort, and wisdom whenever I have needed it. Mom’s the reason why I love to putter around in the garden and has passed on her love of nature, art, books and animals on to me.

CABBAGE SALAD WITH NUTS AND RAISINS, by the Host of Event, yours truuly

I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a wonderful and loving husband and children. We are all healthy and have as much as we need to live well. Finally, I am also thankful that I have such wonderful friends all over the world.

Tags: ,

Χωρίς σχόλια on WFD – Time to be Thankful! Roundup.

1. Ο/Η Sharmi λέει:

Thank you so much for the beautiful roundup. so many lovely recipes and you have done a great job. now going to bloggeraid.

2. Ο/Η arfi λέει:

There are so many things we can thank for, aren’t there? Reading all the wishes, I feel like, here we are a bunch of lucky people on earth, that we still are be thankful, without really being in a hunger condition as such. Let’s join hand and sending our gratitude in wishes. Wonderful round up, Ivy!

3. Ο/Η Nick λέει:

Wonderful dishes, wonderful efforts and a wonderful cause. Great job on the social network, keep up the good work!

4. Ο/Η Rosa λέει:

That’s so great! This roundup is marvelous! There are so many delightful recipes!

Cheers and have a wonderful end of week,

Rosa

5. Ο/Η Bellini Valli λέει:

Everyone has so much to be thankful for. It is to be applauded all your hard work on the roundup, the startup of the forum and all you have done to raise awareness for this worldwide issue.

6. Ο/Η shibani λέει:

Ivy what a fabulous round up. Getting to see so many varieties of cuisines. U have done a great job. The lovely write up at the end of each recipes are good idea.

7. Ο/Η Maria λέει:

Beautiful round-up. I would love to help and be a part of this new initiative you’re planning. Count me in …

8. Ο/Η Susan from Food Blogga λέει:

It’s heartwarming to read everyone’s expressions of gratitude. This is a lovely round-up, Ivy and Val. And I am truly impressed by your initiate with bloggeraid.

9. Ο/Η Usha λέει:

Wonderful roundup,everything here looks awesome and inviting…

10. Ο/Η Ning λέει:

Wow! Another long line of delicious dishes to warm the tummy and thankful hearts! Congratulations, Ivy! Thank you for letting the dishes and the bloggers speak for themselves. This is a wonderful and touching round-up! :)

11. Ο/Η Divya Vikram λέει:

Wonderful roundup Ivy! Thanks!!

12. Ο/Η Priya λέει:

WOw wat a lovely roundup Ivy…Thankful to u for hosting this awesome event…Happy Thanksgiving to u all…

13. Ο/Η PG λέει:

a wonderful roundup! thank you so much! And Happy Thanksgiving to all!

14. Ο/Η Happy Cook λέει:

Beautiful and a wonderful round up.

15. Ο/Η Adam λέει:

Beautiful roundup Ivy. I see so many seasonal favorites, and plenty of food to feed a lot of people. Happy Holidays, everyone!

16. Ο/Η Ivy
    Twitter:
    λέει:

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays everyone.

17. Ο/Η srilekha λέει:

wow! a very good round up! u have done it superbly!happy to have u after a break! hope u join in the sweet event going in my blog!

18. Ο/Η heart n soul λέει:

as usual, I want to try them all!:) thank you for making me feel inspired (and hungry:)

19. Ο/Η Rachel λέει:

Great job with this roundup and I see you have been hard at work for such a worthy cause. I am thankful for blogger buddies like you!

20. Ο/Η Lisa λέει:

Ivy, you have done a fantastic job putting this together. Lots of tempting recipes here.

21. Ο/Η Mike λέει:

That’s a great roundup of some very tempting dishes. I really enjoy the creativity that seems to come out this season

22. Ο/Η Joan Nova λέει:

Some really interesting recipes but, more importantly, it was very moving to read my fellow bloggers offerings of thanks.

23. Ο/Η Gloria λέει:

Delicious round-up. I’m thankful that there are bloggers like you who put the energy and effort into helping other people who are hungry. I’ve joined Blogger Aid and would like to help in any way I can.

24. Ο/Η Ivy
    Twitter:
    λέει:

Thanks a lot Gloria. This means a lot to us.

25. Ο/Η courtney λέει:

Great roundup Ivy. And welcome back.

26. Ο/Η Cakelaw λέει:

Great roundup Ivy – thanks for hosting this event. It was fun to see what everyone made and to read what they are thankful for.

27. […] after my return I had the roundup of the World Food Day Event to prepare and same time Val, of More than Burnt Toast, Giz, of Equal Opportunity Kitchen and I […]

28. Ο/Η yasmeen λέει:

Tasty round up! Feel sorry for missing it,didn’t keep track with the date of the event.

29. Ο/Η Black-eyed Pea Patties λέει:

[…] few months ago, when I was hosting one of the Events for the World food Programme – Time to be Thankful, Lisa, of Lisa’s Vegetarian Kitchen, participated with a lovely recipe of  Black-eyed pea […]

30. Ο/Η John1430 λέει:

It is the coolest site,keep so!

31. Ο/Η John969 λέει:

Great site. Good info

32. Ο/Η John1430 λέει:

I want to say – thank you for this!

33. Ο/Η John1430 λέει:

Very interesting site. Hope it will always be alive!

Σχολιάστε