Christos Anesti!

Christos Anesti meaning Christ is risen is a greeting Orthodox Christians say during the whole period after Easter and until the Ascension of  Christ to Heaven.    In all liturgical services the Paschal troparion (hymn) of Christos Anesti is chanted during weddings, baptisms, funerals and this greeting is only used during the first time you see someone during this period.

We had a lovely time during Easter.  My son came from Cyprus and we went to Sparta and celebrated with the whole family.  Lamb on the spit, kokoretsi, sheftalia, Spartan sausages, dyed eggs, roasted potates, tzatziki, salads, tsourekia, koulouria and flaounes are some of the food we had.

We came back bringing with us some olive oil, pasto and loukaniko, fresh eggs, thyme honey etc.    To use some of these fresh eggs I made a special omelette, which goes to Nuria’s event Blog Your Omelet.

Chicken Omelette with chives and tarragon – Recipe by Ivy

Preparation time: 15 minutes

Cooking time:20 minutes

Chicken breast, cut into small pieces

Garlic, finely chopped

Onion, finely chopped

Olive oil

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Dried tarragon

3 – 4

Fresh chives, finely chopped

Fresh oregano, finely chopped

In a sautéing pan heat the olive oil and sauté the chicken on both sides.

Add the garlic and onion and sauté for a few minutes.

Season with salt and pepper, tarragon and add the chives and oregano and mix.

When done transfer 1/3 to a non-stick frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.

In a separate bowl beat three eggs for each omelette and pour on top of the chicken.

Keep lifting the frying pan above the heat until the egg starts to set.Slide into a plate and then invert into the frying pan for a couple of minutes until the omelette is done on both sides.

Serve with fresh chives on top.

Tags: , , , , , ,

16 Comments on Chicken Omelette with tarragon and chives

What a beautiful omelet! I bet it tastes great!

Cheers and have a good week,

Rosa xoxo

2. Meeta says:

ivy love this. have not actually thought of using chicken in omelet but i have some left over so i know what’s for dinner tonight 😉

3. Jude says:

Welcome back,
    your time away sounded lovely,
    we had so much food, yummy!
    omelet looks really good, thank you

What a great recipe Ivy! I never used chicken in an omelet, I find it so original and new :D. Great job!
    Thanks so much for participating in the event and good luck in the contest sweetie :D.
    Resting and spending time with the family is such a fantastic “therapy” ;D

Welcome back Ivy! This is a great entry for Nuria’s event…this omelet is a complete meal.

Peter G’s last blog post..Greek Easter

6. Ben says:

That is a great way to start your day. Hmmm chicken omelet sounds really good right now :-p

Ben’s last blog post..Downtown Columbus in Spring

7. Hopie says:

Alithos Anesti! Glad you had wonderful Easter and a couple weeks deserved break. That omelet sounds really delicious. I love omelets with fresh herbs, so yummy.

Hopie’s last blog post..Happy Earth Day

8. Niki says:

Mmm… being that I missed breakfast, this would be the perfect remedy… Too bad I’m at work :(

Alithos Anesti Ivy!

I am so glad to see you back ivy and that you are blogging again.
    delicous omelette.

10. Your omelette looks delicious, and it sounds like you had a fantastic Easter!

lisaiscooking’s last blog post..Sliced Spring Salad with Avocado and Feta

11. Maria says:

Great recipe Ivy! I love throwing together a hearty omelette and having that as a light dinner. Love the chicken and tarragon as I have never tried that combination with an omelette. I must try soon!

Maria’s last blog post..Pasxa/Easter 2009

12. pixen says:

Have to try this! I have 2 packs of fresh Tarragon in fridge. I usually cook French style Chicken with Tarragon but with eggs…Haven’t! Thank you for the recipe and helping me to use the tarragon before they wilted…muahhhhh!

13. Cynthia says:

This is a really good recipe Ivy and one that is full of flavour and can be made very quickly and easily.

Cynthia’s last blog post..Lunch in the Caribbean

Alithos Anesti Ivy! Greeks do have a way with omelets making them into fine dinners, like this one!

Peter’s last blog post..Baklava (Μπακλαβάς)

What a lovely Easter you had! This omelette sounds delicious-great flavors and ingredients.

Reeni’s last blog post..Tomato & Onion White Pizza