I’ve been working on my new cookbook, which will contain healthy Greek recipes, based on the Mediterranean diet, as well as lots of tips about healthy eating. The recipes are those which I cooked when I was on diet, two years ago and lost 18 kilos. Most of them have not been published but to give you an idea, here is one of them.
This chickpea salad is a very healthy dish in many aspects. I have written before about the health properties of quinoa, which is considred being a superfood. You also get more protein and fibre from the chickpeas, vitamins and fibre from the vegetables, monounsaturated fat, antioxidants and vitamin E from the olive oil and olives, as well as omega 3 from the anchovies.
Chickpea, Quinoa Salad with Anchovies, recipe by Ivy
- 3/4 cup organic quinoa
- 1½ cups water
- 1 vegetable organic bouillon
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded with a potato peeler
- 2 small radishes, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 6 green tsakistes olives
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 6 marinated anchovy fillets
- 1 inch peeled ginger
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon Maille mustard
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- A pinch of oregano
- A pinch of cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Soak quinoa in a bowl of water for 5 – 10 minutes. Rinse well, because it contains saponin, which gives it a bitter taste and then drain.
- Put water and bouillon in a small pot and bring to a boil. Mix to dissolve the bouillon, add quinoa, lower heat, cover with lid and cook for about 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- In a big bowl add the cooked chickpeas.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well.
- In a food processor add the salad dressing ingredients and blend until creamy.
- Mix in the salad dressing.
- Add the anchovies on top and serve as a main dish.
Note: If you do not have fresh marinated anchovies, you can substitute with some canned ones. Check out this amazing Deal! Amazon is currently offering a special on my cookbook Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water, Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste, at almost 40% off!! The deal won’t last long so if you haven’t got a copy yet now’s the perfect time. It makes a perfect gift too!
Amazon.UK also offers a 25% discount on my Cookbook.
Other Related Posts:
Kopiaste and Kali Orexi,
Tags: Chickpeas, garbanzo recipes, healthy eating, healthy lifestyle, healthy recipes, how to cook quinoa, low fat recipes, Mediterranean diet, New Cookbook by Ivy Liacopoulou, quinoa, Salads, superfoods, supergrains